Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Can I call dibs again????

So guys, I've been thinking about my childhood a lot since I've been home, and I thought of another idea for the sketch prompt for next week. I know I called dibs last time, but I think this one will be really really fun too!

I'm not sure about you guys, but read everything I could get my hands on when I was little. Especially since I lived in a small Georgian town, it was great being able to transport myself into any place I wanted, with the turn of a page. I went for all of those Newberry Award books, lol. Most of those books really changed my perspective on a lot of issues, and I have to say that Lois Lowry really hit it home with The Giver.



So, I want you guys to pick your favorite book from when you were a child, and sketch the most memorable scene that comes to mind. Pretend that you're redesigning a book cover, or you can draw one of those small sketches at the beginning of the chapters.

OR!! Don't you hate it when a movie version comes out and they cast the characters completely wrong and the backgrounds aren't how you imagined them at all? Now's the perfect chance to show Vignette Gazette followers how you really pictured Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, Bridge to Terabithia, Tuck Everlasting(!), etc.

Have fun, guys. :)

-Lane Ngo

2 comments:

  1. Lemme think, if I were to summarize this for the header:

    Scene from a book, book cover, or how you would do the Hollywood adaptation.

    Sound right? that last part was tricky. Like the idea , by the way.

    ReplyDelete