Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Underwater Treehouse

This blog has the freshness of a smooth espresso.

I'm Cassandra...erm, okay..I'm a sequential major who isn't into comic books. But I love working with the very talented individuals in animation. My favorite thing to experiment with is light, color, and atmosphere.

The ocean floor has a lot of similarities to land, so I thought- why not have a treehouse underwater, maybe a natural one made of some sort of coral? I don't know; I was listening to Avatar while painting this so maybe that's why I was thinking, "blue."


6 comments:

  1. that was quick, you have a whole week left!

    so how does a string can phone work underwater?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Double points for posting at 11:11! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a crazy good speedpainting, Cassandra! It's such a neat idea! I would have never thought about an underwater treehouse made from coral. I wish we could see what's inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you use your own brushes, Cassandra? They don't look like default photoshop brushes, and I was just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jordan - A string can phone works under water if it's battery powered and not electronic.

    Lauren - Thanks! 11:11 controls my life, I see if everywhere.

    Lane - Thanks Lane, most times I adjust the default brushes. So this is probably..maybe the 63 with the angle jitter and some scattering turned on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful piece. A tree house for merfolk.

    ReplyDelete